31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #22: Kitchen Drawers | Organizing Made Fun: 31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #22: Kitchen Drawers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #22: Kitchen Drawers

Today is Day #22 of 31 days of spontaneous organizing! Your mini-challenge for today is kitchen drawers! You can choose any kitchen drawer - just one, if you have time for one more, that's fine. 





Here are a couple of ideas and tips for when you organize your kitchen drawers. If you do your silverware drawer, take out the utensils and clean out the crumbs and dust and put silverware back in. I have this cool utensil tray, called Crumbs Away, that keeps your silverware from getting crumbs on it. Since it's a large drawer I have a couple other small baskets for smaller utensils to keep them organized.


Organizing Made Fun

If you are going to re-do a junk drawer - that's what we call them - be sure you re-locate any items that are in there that shouldn't be. If you want a "junk drawer" to function, {which is an oxy-moron, isn't it?}, you'll need to decide what types of miscellaneous things you want in there that you need in the kitchen. For instance, I like having a few small tools and scissors in mine. I have used this organizer in mine to keep things in order. 


Organizing Made Fun

I have another set of drawers in my kitchen that I use for storing, linens, large utensils, batteries, and left-over container lids.


Organizing Made Fun

Here is my battery drawer. It has been very helpful to have this organizer, but if you have a shoe box or small boxes to organize yours that will work well, too.


Organizing Made Fun
My large utensils don't all get used everyday {the everyday ones I keep in a crock next to the stove} but we have company so much that I use most of them often during the month. There are so many kinds of drawers you probably have...but, the main point is to get them cleaned out, set up in a way that works for you, and keep it that way. If it doesn't work, change things up!


More helpful posts for your kitchen: 

For the Love of Junk Drawers

How I Organize my Kitchen Drawers
11 Ways to Organize Under the Sink
Spontaneous Organizing: Under the Kitchen Sink
How I Organize Under my Kitchen Sink
11 Ways to Have and Organized Kitchen

Now get to it! Get under that kitchen drawer {or two} organized! Remember to:

A. Follow me on Pinterest {HERE} and/or
B. Follow me on Instagram {HERE}
C. Load your photo on either Pinterest or Instagram and TAG me {BeckyB_OMF or OrganizeMadeFun go HERE to learn how to tag on Pinterest} and use hashtag #SpontaneousOrganizing--If you upload to Pinterest, please either leave the URL link here in the comments for me to visit OR let me know your Pinterest "@" name and I'll follow your board to see it. 
D. Before and after pictures ARE preferred but not necessary - cause sometimes you start and are so excited you forget to take a "before" picture, right?


**Update: There is trouble with tagging me on Pinterest {because it doesn't notify me}, so instead please do the URL copy and post in the comments and I'll be sure to go and look at it. Thank you for understanding**




Feel free to leave a comment if you're doing today's challenge! Can't wait to hear how things are going and see some of your pictures!


Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page