How I organize my kitchen...under my sink | Organizing Made Fun: How I organize my kitchen...under my sink

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How I organize my kitchen...under my sink

If you've ever tried to tackle organizing, it's best to do it one little bit at a time!  That's what I do...and what I always recommend to ladies who come to me asking for advice to getting their whole house organized.  Start small and then keep that newly organized place up a little bit each day.  You'll find that sometimes your space isn't working how you wanted it to, but that's alright.  Here's what I did when I could see there was a problem under my sink.


Just lovely, isn't it?


 It had been doing me well for a few years, but I began to realize the clutter gathering up and I just needed a little more room to put stuff.  I have my bag organizer on the door, which holds plastic grocery bags.  My son made a "time capsule" at VBS this past summer but wasn't using it.  I asked him if I could use it under the sink - that's the brown coffee can with stickers.  I use the brown can {with hole cut out on top} to put our "poo" collecting bags in - recycled fruit bags, sandwich loaf bags, or other smaller plastic bags for the kids to use to pick up dog poo in the yard each day - that's part of their chores!

Cleared everything out, wiped it down and put new contact paper in!

Yes, there's a large gaping hole under my sink...we re-plumbed the house four years ago and hubby hasn't gotten around to patching it up, so I put some left-over insulation there in hopes that it would help with the leaking air I often feel from there.  I put new contact paper down and then started putting things back.

I keep my stash of Bath & Body foaming soaps in an old ice cream bucket.

 I found this terrific organizer for the door that holds more daily-used bottles and things. I saw the idea from my friend, Toni, at A Bowl Full of Lemons. I got the door organizer at...The Container Store, but you can also find them at Walmart - we do NOT have a Walmart in my area, it's really crazy!




I put everything back in....and voila!  Pretty as can be! Love the Shaklee cleaners I get....and they are pretty too!









Have a great way of organizing something?  Send me an email and I can feature you {your blog or pictures}!


*Welcome, if you are a visitor and can't find the comment box, just click on the post you'd like to comment on {it's in pink below the date} and the comment box will appear  at the bottom of the page when you scroll down!


 



 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers. 

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Pin It

Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest  http://www.buttonshut.com 
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page