31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #29: Desk Top | Organizing Made Fun: 31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #29: Desk Top

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #29: Desk Top

Today is Day #29 of 31 days of spontaneous organizing! Your mini-challenge for today is your desk top! Oh, dear...this one's a tough one, right?




Here are a couple of ideas and tips for when you organize the top of your desk. If you have a lot of papers on there, go through them quickly. Make a "file pile", toss those you don't need, and come up with a plan to keep the papers from piling up again. Take anything off your desk that doesn't belong. Keep a minimum of things on there - decide what things ARE allowed on there and stick to it! 


I have to admit, keeping my desktop clear is not even easy for me! So, there are a few things I've done to tackle this since I work from home. I have a couple of organized file boxes on my desk - I tend to be a "piler" and this helps keep me from piling things and forgetting about them. I have file folder in those that are labeled with different areas that I tend to have piles. 


I have a magnetic bulletin board I made and covered with fabric to put important paper in front of me when working and off the desk top.


I also use simple boxes to hide things that I need close by but don't want cluttering up my desk top. Now, it's your turn to get your desk top cleared and clutter free!


More helpful posts for your home office: 

OMF Headquarters: The Big Reveal of my office
OMF Headquarters: The Organizing
Portable Office
Cleaning up Your Desk
Office Desk Ideas
Your Office: Clutter on your computer
What's your filing system?
Behind the scenes of my office reveal

Now get to it! Get under that kitchen pantry shelves organized! Remember to:

A. Follow me on Pinterest {HERE} and/or
B. Follow me on Instagram {HERE}
C. Load your photo on either Pinterest or Instagram and TAG me {BeckyB_OMF or OrganizeMadeFun go HERE to learn how to tag on Pinterest} and use hashtag #SpontaneousOrganizing--If you upload to Pinterest, please either leave the URL link here in the comments for me to visit OR let me know your Pinterest "@" name and I'll follow your board to see it. 
D. Before and after pictures ARE preferred but not necessary - cause sometimes you start and are so excited you forget to take a "before" picture, right?


**Update: There is trouble with tagging me on Pinterest {because it doesn't notify me}, so instead please do the URL copy and post in the comments and I'll be sure to go and look at it. Thank you for understanding**




Feel free to leave a comment if you're doing today's challenge! Can't wait to hear how things are going and see some of your pictures!


Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers. 

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page