Here are a few last pointers to getting it looking in it's best shape ever!
- Sort like things together - shoes with shoes, dresses with dresses, jackets with jackets, etc.
- Organize in a way that best suits you - long sleeves to short sleeved, by color, or summer and winter. Do what works for you
- Don't try to fit more in your closet than it can really fit
- Use space wisely - try adding a second pole to hang your clothing so you can free up more space for other things.
- Remember to get rid of old clothing, torn, stained and just out of style
- Hide messy things, like purses, in boxes that are pretty
- Try putting in drawers in your closet to eliminate your dresser, if possible. Or, if you can afford a closet organizing system, even better! Learn to fold clothing in a way that uses less space
- Keep a clear "one in, one out" rule with clothing, shoes, purses, and anything else in your closet
- Have everything facing the same direction, use hangers that are the same color or type
- Be creative, it's your closet so use it wisely and make it personal
- If you go through the effort of pulling everything out, be sure to wipe down and paint the inside or you closet (with a satin based paint) and see what a difference a little color in there can make (plus it looks so fresh and clean)
- You will have to spend a few minutes each day just to maintain it, but if you do a little each day it will keep your closet neat and organized
Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!
Join me on Facebook - where we interact and have lots of great fun. You can also see behind the scenes pictures and fun stuff I do on my Instagram!
There are some products that are linked to my Amazon affiliate link.