Don't be fooled! I can't do it all! | Organizing Made Fun: Don't be fooled! I can't do it all!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Don't be fooled! I can't do it all!

Have you seen how some bloggers seem to have it all? A perfectly decorated home, cleaned, de-cluttered, every project known to mankind done with ease, 8 kids, homeschooling, AND they run a blog full time? And you think "How in the world are they doing all that?" 



Well, let me tell you, they aren't! I'm not! We can't do all that. No one can - well, no one can do it and still have kids and a husband who like being around them.



I want to share with you all that I have never wanted you to think that I can do it all. First, I don't homeschool my kids. They go to public school and are in school all day. That being said, there was a time when I had two little ones at home with me all day - one of which has autism and was like having TWO kids. Life was hard, days seemed long, and I was tired of having to be consistent with discipline and all the fun of having toddlers. But, they are growing up and things are getting easier in some ways...



Second, my house is not perfectly clean. I have never tried to make you all think that I like cleaning - I don't. Being a work at home mom is busy - busier than you'd think. I work a lot, all the time, around every spare moment that I have - oh, and I am a piano teacher too, so I have a day full of piano lessons each week. I kept my house clean for years {and still do} by doing 15-20 minutes a day of cleaning. I FAKE my immaculate home - it's not immaculate. Picked up, decluttered, and generally void of messes {generally} but that's as far as I get. I just don't get to the really dirty areas or deep clean - and I hate doing that. We have a bigger house and more bathrooms now! So, I have a team of ladies that come once a month and clean my home from top to bottom. Do I feel guilty? Umm, yes, and no. Yes,  because I think most people think I have it all together and I don't want to appear "fake". No, because I work hard and I don't like deep cleaning. It takes three ladies, three hours to clean my entire house. That's 9 hours!! I don't have an extra 9 hours each month to do that. If I wasn't a blogger would I do that? No, I wouldn't. I would have more time. Again, I'm pretty busy. I budget this and it's totally worth it to me.



Third, I don't run my blog alone. Yes, I do all the writing, social media, and general stuff. But, I have an assistant I hired to help me with all the "boring" things. She's fabulous - in fact, she's got a one year old and is pregnant with her next one due soon {along with a 14 year old and an 11 year old}! She does all my "dirty work" - she helps me with updating all my old stuff, repinning things that haven't been around in awhile, and keeping in contact with my sponsors. She does more, but I'm just happy to have her. I budget her in, too - worth it!

Fourth, I have a very understanding husband and family. They are now "getting it" that Mommy runs a blog and is making some money - my Hubby is even impressed a little! My kids always want to know if I'm going to put them on Instagram! My Hubby is amazing at picking up any skill - carpentry, electrical, plumbing, DIYing - and doing what I need. He has helped me with so many projects that I've needed. 

Do I have trouble with time management and stuff not getting done around here? Yep! You bet. Last week I wanted to encourage you, and this week I hope I continue to do the same - showing you that I'm a person. I am only humanly capable of doing so much on my own. I've learned to say "no" to a lot of things. We don't have a ton of activities that our kids do - in fact, it's all I can do to keep that to a minimum and I still feel like I'm running all over the place with the kids. Well, that's all I have to say about that! What do you think? Are you trying to do it all, thinking others do it all so you should too?



Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers. Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page