31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #26: Kitchen Counters | Organizing Made Fun: 31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #26: Kitchen Counters

Saturday, October 26, 2013

31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #26: Kitchen Counters

Today is Day #26 of 31 days of spontaneous organizing! Your mini-challenge for today is a your kitchen counters!





Here are a couple of ideas and tips for when you organize your kitchen counters. If you have papers and miscellaneous things on there, throw away or re-locate. If you find you keep putting important papers there, consider a small vertical file to keep out of the way with some pretty file folders. Wipe everything down and try to keep as little on the counters as you are able to. 


Organizing Made Fun

Oh, the clutter that can make it's way to your counters. Am I right? I don't have a lot of kitchen counter space - in fact, I've added a kitchen cart and a buffet just to get more for all the people we have over and need to have stuff out. I have one large appliance on there {my mixer} and a toaster. I also have our terry towels and paper towels and a knife block. On the cart I keep essentials near the stove.


Hi, Sugarplum

But, I really LOVE how, above, she organized her area next to her stove with the basket to hold all her little things. I'm going to do something like this! It just looks way nicer.



I have set up a coffee bar on our extended counter buffet. We have the Keurig sitting on top of a pull out drawer to hold coffee cups.


BHG

This counter actually does have a lot of stuff on it, but how it's set up makes it feel like it's organized and not so cluttered.


More helpful posts for your kitchen counters: 

Being Less Wasteful

Kitchen Update: Organizing Cookbooks 
Organizing a Coffee Bar
11 Ways to Have and Organized Kitchen

Now get to it! Get under that kitchen pantry shelves organized! Remember to:

A. Follow me on Pinterest {HERE} and/or
B. Follow me on Instagram {HERE}
C. Load your photo on either Pinterest or Instagram and TAG me {BeckyB_OMF or OrganizeMadeFun go HERE to learn how to tag on Pinterest} and use hashtag #SpontaneousOrganizing--If you upload to Pinterest, please either leave the URL link here in the comments for me to visit OR let me know your Pinterest "@" name and I'll follow your board to see it. 
D. Before and after pictures ARE preferred but not necessary - cause sometimes you start and are so excited you forget to take a "before" picture, right?


**Update: There is trouble with tagging me on Pinterest {because it doesn't notify me}, so instead please do the URL copy and post in the comments and I'll be sure to go and look at it. Thank you for understanding**




Feel free to leave a comment if you're doing today's challenge! Can't wait to hear how things are going and see some of your pictures!


Pin It

Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page