Our new floor in the kitchen | Organizing Made Fun: Our new floor in the kitchen

Friday, December 14, 2012

Our new floor in the kitchen

We have been busy, as I told you last week. Our kids bathroom is nearly done -- just have a few finishing touches -- and then I can show you! But, we got new flooring put in! Flooring is fun, but will turn your house upside down!




Here is the kitchen before. It's nice, it looks generally decent. This picture makes the floor look pretty good. But don't let it fool you! This was taken three years ago and it wasn't as bad then. 


Remember I showed you what it looked like before? A mess!



And here is the new linoleum floor! I love it! I really feel like I made the right choice when I was choosing it. {It was the top option in the picture in this POST}. 



It looks like slate, it has a slight rough texture to it. No grout...it looks like rectangular porcelain tile a little bit!



Here is the floor up extra close to show the texture. The dog loves it because he isn't slipping and sliding all over the floor now!

Why did I get linoleum? Here are a few reasons:

1. It goes down easy and quickly
2. No grout, all one finish
3. Less expensive
4. Easy to clean
5. Easier to put the same flooring in kids' and powder bathrooms and also down part of our basement stairs.
6. One smooth surface

It's definitely going to be easy to care for! 



We also got a couple other new things! Our old fridge of 16+ years has been good to us, but we have simply outgrown it. I'm thrilled with our new one -- and we got a GREAT deal on this. Basically we got it for over 50% off the regular price. My advice: shop around and take your timing buying an appliance if it's at all possible. 



You may notice this oven is taking the place of our old 1940s vintage Wedgewood. It was time for us to get this one. I loved that vintage oven, but in all honesty it was just very energy inefficient for us. We live where it's very warm most of the year and it has five pilot lights that run 24 hours a day. It makes the kitchen hot almost all the time. It's fabulous in the winter to keep us warm. I loved how it did so much, though. It's for sale, so email me if you live in the area and are interested {we're in Southern California}!



HERE is where you can find the brand and style of flooring we used. So, here is one last look at our floor before and now after! Darker? Yes. Cleaner? Definitely. What kind of floors do you have? Are yours easy to clean?

Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check