Central coast visit and Mom's garden | Organizing Made Fun: Central coast visit and Mom's garden

Friday, September 2, 2011

Central coast visit and Mom's garden

My mom is an amazing lady! Not only did she have to deal with raising me, and an older brother and sister, but she managed to keep our home organized and running smoothly while working as a school teacher full time. She did this while my dad was often away on the many trips he took - he was often gone weekly for work as he was {and still is at 70+} a computer engineer. She is now retired and they live along the central California coast - which is beautiful! Her garden is one of her favorite pastimes.  While our family went there this summer, I took some pictures of her garden {again} and her darling potting bench/cart!  Have a look!



Below: This is behind her shed...we were getting ready to have family over for lunch {lots of family} so she had the tables set up. It's so pretty back there!





Here is a few of her garden vignettes...



And the many beautiful flowers she has lovingly cared for.





And a sneak peek at her garden cart - which I will be showing you more of NEXT week!





While we were there, we stopped at Avila Barn and I took some pictures of the beautiful market and gift shop. 

L to R clockwise: My Daddy! Corn, kids and Grandma at Avila Barn, beautiful fruits.

They have an amazing selection of fruits and veggies, a petting "zoo" {more like animals to feed}, and an enormous amount of canned, pickled, and bottled items.




We love to travel there and buy pies - Ollalieberry Pie is one of the specialties!



Beautiful flowers...



 Well, you can see it's just a wonderful place to be.  And yes, that is my daughter wearing a furry jacket in AUGUST!  If you have never been along the California central coast in the summer, it's COLD!  I have such a hard time remembering to bring my jacket every time I go to my parent's house in the middle of the summer! 


Where did you vacation this summer? What was your favorite memory?

Photobucket


Parties:
Remodelaholic
Tater Tots and Jello 
Centsational Girl {this is practically MY town so I wanted to include this since it's where my parents live}
Funky Junk Interiors
Iheart Naptime 
Ask Anna 
Heavenly Homemakers 
A Bowl Full of Lemons