How I organize my bedroom: my vanity | Organizing Made Fun: How I organize my bedroom: my vanity

Friday, May 13, 2011

How I organize my bedroom: my vanity

I'm not sure about you, but I LOVE having a vanity!  I remember, even as a young teen, that I found an old vanity and fixed it up and turned it into my place to put on my make-up and do my hair.



Well, we have a tiny master bathroom, with one sink.  It's actually WONDERFUL, since our last house we had a master bedroom upstairs...that was the only room, no bathroom, no hallway.  

This is the staircase from our last house that led up to our master bedroom.


So, everytime we used the bathroom we'd have to go downstairs.  For us, even having a bathroom next to our bedroom is luxurious. Fortunately, my hubby and I rarely get ready at the same time in the morning so one sink is plenty for us.  But, I like to sit down to put my make-up on and do my hair.  So, I'm a vanity kind of girl!

See the vanity?


I am going to show you how I organized my vanity.  I got this one as a gift from JCPenney catalog about ten years ago.  I have since spray painted it in silver and tried to "glam" it up a bit.  I use it everyday!  

My daughter's room at our last house, there is the nightstand way back there!


I took my tiny nightstand that I've had since I was a little girl and spray painted it silver, too.  I even added "crystal" knobs to make it girly!

 


I haven't ever had any kind of shelf paper in there, as you can tell.  

Oh, yuck!
 
But, I took the same wrapping paper I used in the closet and used it as a drawer liner.  It looks so pretty and goes so good with my blue/turquoise and brown bedroom colors.

I bought this wedding wrapping paper at Target.

 I love the pattern - makes me enjoy opening the drawer in the morning.

My top drawer holds my hair brushes and make-up brushes.

In the bottom drawer I have styling products and misc. things.  The middle drawer {not shown} holds lotion and my traveling make-up case.


I have a box - yes, it's the "sister" of my feminine products' box in the bathroom - and use it to store all my make-up.  I wear make-up about 5 out of 7 days a week, sometimes more.  So, it gets a lot of use.  





I found this old winding clock in my hubby's stash of old watches.  It belonged to his grandpa and it is so darling on there.  Plus, it keeps me on time when I'm getting ready!


I even have my hair dryer tucked away to the side.




It's lovely...do you have a vanity too?