31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #12: Freezer | Organizing Made Fun: 31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #12: Freezer

Saturday, October 12, 2013

31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #12: Freezer

Today is Day #12 of 31 days of spontaneous organizing! Your mini-challenge for today is your freezer! Big, small, side by side, or chest freezers are all welcome in the challenge today!






I've gathered lots of ideas of all kinds of different types of freezers to motivate and inspire you. Go through your freezer and toss anything that you don't know how old it is. Be sure to ALWAYS date and label anything you put in the freezer that you made yourself {remember to keep a Sharpie or permanent marker in your kitchen}- it's best if you can store most of your homemade soups and sauces in ziptop bags and freeze flat and then "file" them later to have more space in there. Wipe down anything in there that is sticky or yucky - consider using a plastic spatula to scrape off anything really bad and a hot washcloth to wipe clean.


Organizing Made Fun

First is my freezer in my fridge. It's a new fridge and I chose this model specifically for it's organization abilities. The freezer is a drawer style freezer - it holds a ton. I have it set up in sections and zones to hold things - so ice cream on one side, meats and frozen potatoes on the other. I keep extra ice in dollar store plastic bins on the left and then frozen fruits and veggies in the top drawer. I also have a big freezer in the basement for all of our extra meats and things we have.


Wanting what you have

Here is a chest freezer where she used inexpensive milk crates to store things by type and even ziptop bags to store her flour. You could use cardboard boxes initially and keep an eye out for milk crates next time you are out.


Iheart Organizing
Above is a great idea how she took inexpensive file bins {clear ones are best} and sorted her frozen things that way.


Organising to Make Life Easier

Again, this freezer, although side by side, is broken up into zones. You could use clear shoe boxes or start off with cardboard boxes or even those aluminum left over containers, until you can get something else at a later time. The point is to have it kept up and clean. 

I also want to point out, I am giving you SUGGESTIONS. There is no perfect way to organize the areas of your home. You organize how it works for you. These are to help you come up with creative ways to help it work for you!

More helpful posts for your freezer: 

I heart my Fridge

Organize Your Chest Freezer
Frigid Freezer Fun
Fridge and Freezer Organisation

Now get to it! Get that freezer cleaned up and organized! Remember to:

A. Follow me on Pinterest {HERE} and/or
B. Follow me on Instagram {HERE}
C. Load your photo on either Pinterest or Instagram and TAG me {BeckyB_OMF or OrganizeMadeFun go HERE to learn how to tag on Pinterest} and use hashtag #SpontaneousOrganizing--If you upload to Pinterest, please either leave the URL link here in the comments for me to visit OR let me know your Pinterest "@" name and I'll follow your board to see it. 
D. Before and after pictures ARE preferred but not necessary - cause sometimes you start and are so excited you forget to take a "before" picture, right?


**Update: There is trouble with tagging me on Pinterest {because it doesn't notify me}, so instead please do the URL copy and post in the comments and I'll be sure to go and look at it. Thank you for understanding**

Feel free to leave a comment if you're doing today's challenge! Can't wait to hear how things are going and see some of your pictures!


Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers. 

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page