The Importance of Having a Morning Routine | Organizing Made Fun: The Importance of Having a Morning Routine

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Importance of Having a Morning Routine

About four years ago, I had about 50 pounds to lose! It wasn't a pretty site, but having had two babies where I gained 70 and 80 pounds each - then losing, gaining, losing, gaining - I had enough of it and wanted to get that weight off for good! My excuse, to myself, was that I didn't have time to really exercise. I thought that I would have to wait until both my kids were in school before I could actually lose weight, so I could work out once they went to school -- procrastinator!




Something in my brain finally clicked. I sat down with my husband one night and told him that I needed to find a way to have a morning routine where I exercised. He agreed that he would wait four to five mornings a week, to leave for work at an agreed upon time, so that I could go work out but it would still be early. And ever since then, I have kept my morning routine! What is it?



I set out my work out clothes and my other things the night before to give me few excuses not to work out! And yes, most mornings I'm up at 5:20 AM - because that's the only time I can work out. I read my Bible, and get ready. Then, I head out the door - meeting with my walking partner - and we head up the "hill of death".



I must admit that the ONLY way I get up that hill is with my music in my Iphone moving me - I'm not kidding. I literally use the beat to the music to help me keep pace and walk fast.



I have a whole section in my Iphone called "Workout" and it's all fast paced music that I know will help keep me motivated to get up the hill - it's nearly two miles STRAIGHT up and it kicks my tail every day!



When I get back from walking, I get my kids' breakfast started - sometimes having some great music playing while we chat and eat! My hubby might need his morning coffee - and I'm happy to make that for him before he heads to work, too! Once I walk my daughter to school and the dog with us, I come home and shower up and get "ready" listening to more music while I put on my make up and do my hair - I LOVE having music going, pretty much all day long - including while I work!

So, what's the real reason that YOU need a morning routine - which may or may not be like mine? Well, when you have a routine, it helps you start your day right. When you have a ritual, like walking or drinking coffee or whatever you do, it just makes you feel like your home and you can now attack your day! Am I right?




Pin It


 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest  http://www.buttonshut.com 
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page