How to make a simple {and cute} printable with PicMonkey | Organizing Made Fun: How to make a simple {and cute} printable with PicMonkey

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How to make a simple {and cute} printable with PicMonkey

Have you seen all the cute printables floating around and wondered how you could make something like that but just for YOU? I have...I'm a problem solver and ambitious girl so I wanted to figure it out. I use PicMonkey for all my photo editing and I love it. It's easy to use, user friendly, and FREE! That's my kind of website!


with PicMonkey


So, here is a step by step of how I made this printable schedule.



First, go to PicMonkey.com and click on "Create a Collage". 



Next, you simply save the blank collage. You can name it whatever you want! I creatively called it "blank collage" - mostly because I can use it over and over again.



I realize this seems simple, but once you save it you'll need to click the "x" in the right hand corner. Then, at the front page click on "edit a photo".



Simply open the "blank collage" that you made.



Once you get it open, you want to click on the symbol at the top {see where the arrow is pointing below} and "resize" the picture to 500 x 750. I use that size because it copies over to a document much easier. If you want a landscape size, just do the opposite of 750 x 500.



This is all real easy - I'm trying to give you every single step for those who aren't sure - so this will take you all of two minutes to do these first few steps.



Then comes the fun part! Pick a frame you'd like to use. I use the Museum Matte for mine.



I also picked my colors, because black and gray were boring to me!



I advise you pick a main font, for titles and such, and one for your normal or subheading content.



When I made my subheading, to save myself time, I right click on the text box and I highlight "duplicate overlay" and then it duplicates the text. Then, I just adjusted the text and tweaked it how I wanted it to look.





Voila! You are done! Adjusting and tweaking are all part of the process until you get it to look nice! Then, save this...



You'll open up Word and insert this as a picture. You may need to adjust the margins a little bit to get it to fit the page correctly. Then, print it up! My secret is out! You can now make your very own printable schedule or chart for yourself! 



Pin It
Photobucket 

Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! 

Join me on Facebook - where we interact and have lots of great fun. You can also see behind the scenes pictures and fun stuff I do on my Instagram!


Parties: