Chalkboard Picture Frame | Organizing Made Fun: Chalkboard Picture Frame

Friday, April 6, 2012

Chalkboard Picture Frame

Do you remember how I shared my mother in law's surprise birthday party? Well, I made this chalkboard picture frame that I can use with an easel OR I could hang on a wall. My purpose for mine is to use for parties and other events we have here. But, I could hang it up inside, too!





I want to share how simple and inexpensive this was! I knew what I wanted for the party, so I went on the look-out for something to make a large chalkboard with. I found it! AND, it was on sale...





So, instead of being $10.99, it was only $8!! Yay!





It was a mirror, though, but I had found several sites via Pinterest, that showed you could paint a mirror with chalkboard paint so I figured it would be fun to try it! I had left-over gold metallic paint - I spray painted hundreds of "gold nuggets" last year for our VBS program - and spray painted the frame gold!





Then, used leftover chalkboard paint to paint right over the mirror! And...it looks great!





You think? One last step was to use a little bit of antique glaze to give it a little more depth.





I've never used it before so it was fun to try it out on something like this!


Source for picture on LEFT
This was my inspiration. It's in my Party Stuff Board on Pinterest, along with all kinds of other fun ideas!





Since it's a mirror, I probably will only use the chalk ink on it so it won't scratch through. What do you think?





Pin It
Photobucket 



Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow Me on Pinterest 

Having trouble seeing the pictures? Try THIS.
Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

Parties:
Tater Tots and Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
Six Sisters's Stuff
Positively Splendid
Iheart Naptime
Ask Anna
Home Stories from A to Z
Tip Junkie
Organize and Decorate Everything
Women Living Well
House of Hepworth
36th Avenue
Delightful Order
Tidy Mom
The Shabby Nest
Serenity Now
Remodelaholics