Lamp re-do | Organizing Made Fun: Lamp re-do

Friday, November 11, 2011

Lamp re-do

I am back at you, bringing you some projects from around our house {since we've been gone so long for the 31 day series}! Back in September, I shared with you a delightful project that I did for my daughter's room which was her pretty nightstands that I re-painted a cheerful yellow and I put butterfly decals on it!


Well, the make-over didn't really end there! She has these lamps in her room, which we originally used in our old house family room.They have been through a lot and were showing their age. I tried sprucing them up a few years ago with some cute ball-rick-rack around the edges. But, it just wasn't holding up!

As you can see, the shades were plastic on the insides and it were cracking and starting to look pretty awful. It was like this throughout the shade. So, I bought new lamp shades and decided to change up the rest of it.




So...spray paint to the rescue! I used this very berry pink spray paint {same one as on the nightstand knobs}!



It's just so fun! Spray paint is coming in some fun colors now, too. Have you noticed?



Well, this is how it turned out! I also added some fun pink zebra ribbon - which matches her pink zebra bed-skirt -  around the top of the new shades. I picked up the shades at Target!


I added them to the already super-cute nightstands to just make everything THAT much cuter!



So girlie, aren't they? We're sort of in the transition stage of her not wanting the soft pink colors, but Mom won't re-do the entire room since we just did it a few years ago! 


I got her this bedspread and hot pink stuff to sort of pacify her until she gets to her pre-teen stage, which will undoubtedly cause her to change her style again - sounds like me! I kept the paint, curtains, and everything else! I love re-doing her room, a little bit, so this is why I won't pay very much for doing her room, either.



Yes, she's got some cute stuff going on in there now! What do you do about kids growing from stage to stage and decorating their rooms? Any good ideas?





Photobucket

Pin It
Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!
Parties:
Remodelaholic 
Tater Tots and Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
Ask Anna
Iheart Naptime
DIY Showoff
Tip Junkie 
A Bowl Full of Lemons 
Not Just a Housewife 
House of Hepworth 
The 36th Avenue 
Delightful Order 
The Shabby Nest 
Beneath My Heart