Christmas Organizing: Ornaments and such | Organizing Made Fun: Christmas Organizing: Ornaments and such

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Organizing: Ornaments and such

Are you excited to be organizing for Christmas??? How is that Christmas Gift List working for you? Isn't that just the most fun? 

Well, today I'm going to give you some excellent ORGANIZING ideas for your Christmas ornaments and such! I have so much great inspiration. 

The boys hanging Christmas lights - and yes, they are in shorts in November!

We generally get all our Christmas boxes out as soon as we get home from our Thanksgiving weekend at my parents' house {just so you know, we have someone who lives in our house the whole time we're gone to house and dog sit}. Literally, when we pull in the driveway, I turn around and my hubby and son are on the roof putting up lights on the house!


The Christmas boxes are all over the house, but I don't actually tackle much more than hanging the wreath on the front door that first day after Thanksgiving.


I give the kids a lot more freedom to help decorate - and they remember where I've put things from year to year. So, it's really great to give them as much as they are able to do to help out. I think my daughter has been helping place Christmas stuff around the house since she was 3 or 4. I gave her lots of non-breakable things and told her an area to put it in and then let her decorate how she wanted to. 


But, I wanted to also give you some ideas that I've found to organize the ornaments and such to keep you from going mad when trying to put it all back. Here is an idea I gave you last year for organizing - using old apple containers.

Source
 
There are some fancy-schmancy organizers that are pretty to look at! 
Source


And, there's the see-through!


Source

But, if you want to be cheap, I have some for you too! I know how everyone is always looking for great ways to re-use things and Christmas organizing is a great way.

Source A, B, C
Of course, there are those plastic bins we all like to use, too! I use Christmas tins, shoe boxes, and original packaging {as much as possible} to hold the ornaments and Christmas decor.

Source 1, 2, 3, 4

I also wanted to find a few ways you could organize your Christmas cards when they come in the mail. Here are some really creative ways.

Source A, B, C, D
 And, you can look back over all the Christmas things I posted about last year if you need some more ideas.....AND, of course, I have a Pinterest Board called "Christmas Organizing" that you can look at! So, have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, and start thinking about organizing all your Christmas stuff! I'll be back next week for more...don't worry!!


Pin It
Photobucket 
Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!