Curb Appeal Project: The new front entry | Organizing Made Fun: Curb Appeal Project: The new front entry

Friday, January 27, 2012

Curb Appeal Project: The new front entry

Can you believe we've been working on this curb appeal project for several months now? Here is a sneak peak at our paint - which is {basically} DONE!



Isn't this front entry amazing? I realize that some people would FREAK out at having a dark blue house and a yellow front door...but I'm not some people! I have to be honest...photographing the new color of our house has been a challenge! Big challenge - so it looks MUCH more "smurf blue" in photos - but when people come over they say that it looks so much better in person! The name of the color is "Stormy Sea" by Dunn Edwards.




Here is a little then/now photo so you can see what we started with. I never liked the color of the house - well, it was a non-color that I called "yuck"! The front entry I took a picture of this fall to show you what it started like. And now, it looks so warm and inviting! Of course, I got a new doormat, too - rounded to match the round steps and overhang of our front porch. I've got plans for some planters on the front porch...that will be coming soon!




I also have many details of the paint job here. My painter was AMAZING! I am not normally a picky person, especially when it comes to home projects. But, I had many very specific things I wanted to do with the SIX colors he painted on our house. You can see on the front porch there are five of the colors {black, white, gray, blue, yellow}. The stucco goes all the way up and around the overhang but I had him paint white on the ceiling of the overhang to make it seem taller and higher. I had him paint the detail black on the semi-circle overhang to bring it out.



The steps were another detail that I specifically had a vision for. I didn't want the flat color...before they were just painted one color. My vision was to paint it two toned. Notice that the first picture shows the paint before - faded and old - the next picture shows after he used a clear primer to ready it for the gray paint. The third shows the result of what I asked for - an illusion that it's got an overhang/lip with white risers and gray treads.



He carefully measured it and taped it precisely. It looked just like I had imagined in my head...Oh, and some of the many stairs I saw on entries on Pinterest under my House Paint Board. You can also see where I got the idea for these colors! Ok...are YOU a beige house kind of person, or a not-so-beige house person?


Pin It
Photobucket 
 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Having trouble seeing the pictures? Try THIS.

Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.