I am partnering with IKEA to share some of my best tips for the #First59 Campaign.
How can you possibly get a better night's sleep? Well, for me, there are things that I do each day to help me ease my way into getting a better sleep! It might seem like simple ways, but they are definitely something that help me be calm. We've got a busy schedule some days and I try to consistently get to bed around the same time.
1. A comfy bed. If your bed is not comfortable, you won't get a good night's sleep. That seems pretty obvious, but there are simple ways to get comfortable with linens, the right pillow, even the right bed (like the BRIMNES that is full of storage underneath - which means less clutter around your bedroom). All these are simple ways to ensure you get better sleep.
2. Dim the lights. Take time each night to lay in bed without the TV on or other electronics, just dim the lights using a small light like the JANSJO clip light, and read. Reading is such a great way to ease yourself into sleep. Whether you like to read fiction or a good biography or a magazine or maybe even journal about your day, this time spent can wind your mind down and prepare you to sleep.
3. Have things by your side. Having a nightstand stocked up with your favorite bedtime items is necessary - your clock or smart phone as your alarm clock, some of your favorite things, a book or journal, a diffuser for bedtime essential oils, and a small light. In my daughter's room, we've set up a nightstand using the RÅSKOG utility cart. She has all her bedtime items on there to help her ease into her bedtime routine.
4. Set up for tomorrow. One thing that puts my mind at ease is getting my schedule figured out for the next morning - call it my organizing brain, but having my calendar organized and figured out for the next day gives me peace of mind.
5. Create a comfortable room. Soft colors in your bedroom have been shown to create a calmer mood to help ease you to sleep. Using wall art, like the PJATTERYD landscape photo, are calming and soothing. These can promote that relaxed feeling being in your bedroom.
I definitely need a good night's sleep and I rarely have trouble falling and staying asleep. I really feel like these are a big part of why I sleep well. It's essential that you use your bedroom as a sanctuary, not a storage area or a place to collect your clutter. Keeping these ways in mind will surely help you to rest much easier!
Want to know where I got that product?
Go HERE and find it!
**I have a few affiliate links in this post - this does not mean you pay a dime more for the product when you purchase through my link. It just means I made it easier for you to find what you might like, so I make a few cents if you purchase. I SO SO SO appreciate when you support Organizing Made Fun. Thank you!!** Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!
Connect with me: