Giving Thanks - Bloghop and a printable | Organizing Made Fun: Giving Thanks - Bloghop and a printable

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Giving Thanks - Bloghop and a printable

One of my favorite things about November is that it's Thanksgiving time and it's a great reminder to be thankful. It's a great time to start counting blessings - and we have a lot of them! Check out my project FREE Thankful printable and then visit my friends to see what they created with the "Gratitude" theme. There are recipes, printables, and family traditions included in this blog hop.






First, I want to share this great printable for you to have. You can use this printable to let a few of the people in your life know how much they mean to you. It's a simple postcard, so you can mail it, hand to them, or drop it somewhere they will find it. Go HERE to get your free printable. 


Now, Hop on over to these fun projects based around the Gratitude theme:

14 GRATITUDE printables, recipes and ideas

Family is a HUGE part of making blogging a success. Without support from them, we couldn't do what we do. Here is a great collage of all the bloggers and their families from this bloghop. Please feel free to visit their blogs and learn more about how blogging works for them:


Gratitude Blog Hop with several bloggers www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Kari from U Create // Jodie from Eighteen25 // Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Amy from Positively Splendid Kelli from Lolly Jane // Mique from Thirty Handmade Days // Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom // Steph from Somewhat Simple Melissa from Polka Dot Chair // Kristen from Capturing Joy // Becky from Organizing Made Fun // Amy from the Idea Room Kristyn from Lil Luna // Desiree from the 36th Avenue




Dolbier Photography

We also thought you might have fun getting to know a little bit more about our families too. So we asked them some questions. So, now I'm going to share with you what my kids and hubby had to say when asked some questions about my blogging and what my job is! I'll start with my hubby, John:


Dolbier Photography


What do you do for a living?
  
Chief Information Officer (technology)

How did you two meet?  

On a missions trip at college.  

And what do you love most about your wife? 

She's my best friend.

Dolbier Photography

How much time do you think your wife spends on her blog per week?  

25 hours a week

What is your favorite project/recipe she's made? 

Closet organizing {Go HERE to see it}

What's her favorite thing about blogging? 

Being creative.


And least favorite thing about blogging?  

20 hours a week.

I have to laugh at my husband's short answers - that's sort of just him! I actually work more than 25 hours a week, but he isn't really home to see me during the day. We have been together since fall of 1990. I can say I agree - he is truly my best friend. I adore him. He is a man of few words, but his actions speak volumes to me about how kind, loving, and generous of a man he is. We've been married 19 years - and I grow to be more in love and thankful for him everyday. 


Now, on to my kids! They are the next biggest blessing to me! It took us many years to have kids. I also had two very difficult pregnancies, but they have been worth all the hardship. They bless me everyday. 


Adam was so difficult as a baby and toddler, but to our surprise is the most loving, caring, happy, and responsible 14 year old -- he far exceeded our expectations when he was first diagnosed with autism. And boy, is he handsome, too!

What are your favorite holiday traditions as a family?

A: Going to Grandma's House for Thanksgiving and seeing all my cousins. 

R: Putting up the Christmas Tree 

What is your favorite recipe or project that your mom has made? 

A: Meatloaf

R:  Chocolate Chip Cookies

Do you have any family favorite- games, movies, activities, hobbies?

A: No

R: Uno

Are you tired of taking pictures for Mom's blog?

A: What pictures?

R: Yes


Rachel and I couldn't be more opposite...and yet that is what I most adore about her. She's creative, artsy, opinionated, a real negotiator, and quick witted. She was so easy as a baby and toddler - I couldn't believe how easy. She has proven to be responsible and quite helpful in the kitchen too! 


I hope you take today to be thankful! From my front door to yours - be thankful and tell someone why you're thankful for them!

Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page