My Living Room and my itch! | Organizing Made Fun: My Living Room and my itch!

Friday, March 8, 2013

My Living Room and my itch!

Our house has a wonderful living room in the front of our house. There is a big wall of just windows and I can see the entire street up and down from in there. It's beautiful. I painted it when we first moved in and we added a burgundy-red sectional. I love it - but I'm starting to get the itch again. I get it when I'm ready for a change. 




Honestly, it's not a well used room. We don't spend our time in there much, but we use it for Bible Studies and for when we have a big crowd of people and the weather is a little less than desirable {which really isn't all that much} and we can't eat outside. We also have family gatherings in there as it's a large room and can hold lots of people. It's warm and inviting, but I'm ready for a change!



I started with chairs. My former chairs I ordered online and when they arrived were WAY bigger than I imagined - they were wide and could probably fit a person and a half in each. They were sturdy and strong and were fine so I've kept them for the last six years and used them. But, I decided I'm going to fix things in there and that was the first thing. So, I sold the chairs -- in order to recoup a little bit of the cost and to use towards purchasing new ones. 



I found these DARLING chairs online at Target.com and I knew they were going to be what I had in mind. They were only $114 each -- not kidding. That included shipping!! And they are comfortable!



See the difference? The chairs before were {literally} ten inches wider each. It took up a lot of room and they were crammed in this area. Plus, these really update the area. 


living room chairs accent chair

I also liked these because they were armless. So, even less room! Aren't they cute?



So, now I'm thinking about repainting the room...of course! I have pulled some swatches of paint colors on the wall to think about something. The room is cozy, but it lacks a lot of color, which I love!



One goal I have in this room is to take the built-ins  that are in there - which is the long fireplace mantle and bookshelves and there is another bookshelf built-in that I have no pictures of - and learn to style them. I am TERRIBLE at styling. Anyone else suffer in this area? Or are you pretty good at it? 

Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page