Game on! | Organizing Made Fun: Game on!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Game on!

My son recently got a ping pong table for his birthday - which will get TONS of good use for all our company! I realized that as he was learning to play, trying to keep score in his head and learn to play at the same time was a little difficult!

Photobucket


So, I came up with an idea! We needed a chalkboard outside to keep score! That's when my brain started really going...I found this in a thrift store:

Photobucket



Pretty huh?  Well, I didn't buy it for the picture, I bought it for the frame - and it was all wood!






Photobucket

Yep, just $2! I got it on vacation a few weeks back.  The thrift stores where we go are amazing! I already had almost all the supplies on hand that I needed to spruce it up:

Photobucket





I decided to spray painted it with the bright blue color - which I have used on various places on my backyard deck.

Photobucket



And up close:


Photobucket



I covered the middle of the frame with newspaper and painter's tape and sprayed it with the bright blue a few coats. 


Photobucket


Then, I used painters' tape along the edge and painted the chalkboard paint - three coats. I drew the lines on the board using a chalkboard ink pen.  These are neat because they are like a pen you can use on the chalkboard but only erase with water, instead of just wiping away with a cloth or eraser.
  
Photobucket



I found the little bucket at the craft store for a couple dollars, but you could use a little sand bucket or get creative.  I already had the cup hook and just screwed it in!  

Photobucket





Viola! There it is! Ugly picture to cute chalkboard {turned sideways}!



Here is another picture in case you forgot what it looked like again:

Photobucket


I love little projects! If you are ever looking for inspiration for a chalkboard, go to Pinterest and type "chalkboard" in the search and you will be amazed at all kinds of ideas! Have you ever painted with chalkboard paint?


Photobucket

Parties:
Remodelaholic
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots and Jello 
Iheart Naptime 
DIY Showoff 
Southern Hospitality
Centsational Girl 
A Bowl Full of Lemons 
House of Hepworths 
Thrifty Decorating 
Beneath My Heart