How to have a {fake} immaculate house! (Part 1) | Organizing Made Fun: How to have a {fake} immaculate house! (Part 1)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How to have a {fake} immaculate house! (Part 1)

I am going to do this series to get you ready for the new year - yes right at the start of all the holidays!! 


This is what I think of when they say "immaculate" - stark and blah!

I actually have to say that I've had friends come over and tell me that my house is immaculate....it actually makes me laugh out loud - HA!  You know why?  Because it's not...it may SEEM immaculate, but I've got most people fooled! 


Yep, I've got an Ace up my sleeve!

First of all, the word immaculate means Without stain or blemish; spotless; undefiled; clear; pure. according to Webster's Dictionary.  So, to say that my house is this way is really not true.  I'm just a regular person and just use some simple and effective things to keep things looking tidy and clutter free. 


This is totally what I try to avoid!

There is no reason to have a house that is spotless...cause that wouldn't be life.  Yes, I'd like for my kitchen floors to stay clean at least until my hubby comes home and sees it (not that he even notices it), but that usually doesn't happen.  

 No, this is not my kitchen!  But, look how clean the floors are!

I'd like there not to be toothpaste all over the kids bathroom counters when guests come, the mirrors to be free of fingerprints, or even the floors to be vacuumed daily - but that just isn't life and that isn't my life. 

 Ok, the kids aren't this bad, but some days it feels like it!

I would like to think I'm not lazy, but I am. I am guilty of spending too much time on the computer instead of cleaning the stove in the kitchen or the dishes.  But that's not my top priority.  There are a few things that I've been noticing that I do that maybe normal people don't - or do, but I'm weird that way.  So, I'm going to share those things that I do to keep my house looking "guest ready" all the time.  

 Maybe I should clean the floors like this?


Pin It


 
 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page

For more organizing ideas, go HERE!

How to {fake} and immaculate house series:

5 comments:

  1. Hey..who told you, you could share that picture of my boys bathroom??..ha ha ha!! LOVED the humbleness & can't wait to hear how my house WILL change in just 15 minutes so that you can share of nicer picture of what it looks like..lol :)
    KLB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read this series! I hope to pick up some tips, esp. in keeping my house clean in 15 minutes a day. Problem is, I have a messy teen-age boy who can mess it all up in 15 SECONDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great - can't wait to read your tips! I just subscribed via email, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do I become a follower by email? Beyourbest07@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please give me your organized thoughts!