Curb Appeal: Customized planters | Organizing Made Fun: Curb Appeal: Customized planters

Friday, February 10, 2012

Curb Appeal: Customized planters

More curb appeal! Our house is now looking so much more personable. So, to add even MORE personality to this fun entry, I decided to make some personalized planters.





I bought some galvanized planters at Ikea, one tall and one mid-sized planter. 





Since I don't have a Cricut or Silhouette machine, I asked my friend Marti if she could help me out. She has a Cricut {which was SO fun to use} and found a great font that I liked in a large size. We used clear contact paper to cut the stencil out. I wanted to have a reverse stencil effect, so this was just right. She also made a set of matching numbers for my house number.





I took some "frog tape" and taped off around the top of the planter - of course, I measured it first. I measured out where to put the letter and numbers on each planter. Then, I spray painted a flat black in light coats. The last coat, I immediately peeled off the cut letter/numbers {I practiced doing this with an extra number on the bottom of one of the planters}. I took a pin to prick the corner and then tweezers to pull it off. {the house numbers are obscure on purpose, by the way}.





You may have noticed that some of the black came off when I was pulling off the stencil, but I just took a black marker and filled in those spots - you can't even tell! Then, I sprayed a glossy clear acrylic over the whole thing - to seal it all in and give it a nice shine.





Now, I just have to actually put some plants in them! Soon!






Pin It
Photobucket 


 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow Me on Pinterest 

Having trouble seeing the pictures? Try THIS.

Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

Parties:
Tater Tots and Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
Iheart Naptime
Positively Splendid
DIY Showoff
Home Stories from A to Z
Tip Junkie
A Bowl Full of Lemons
36th Avenue
The Shabby Nest
Thrifty Decor Before and After